Use of Polypropylene Flutted Sheet for RCC work
The standard and popular practice is to apply used oil on shuttering plate (pharma) / shuttering ply for easy deshuttering after casting of RCC work. In practice, now where this oil is scrapped or grinding of surface before plaster being applied. This results in over a period, the plaster separating from RCC work. To overcome this consequence, we are recommending replacement of used oil with 03mm Ployprelene flutted sheet. The following are advantages.
1. These Sheets can be used for minimum 3 to 4 times.
2. Easy deshuttering is possible.
3. RCC beam/ slab/ column gets exposed concrete surface.
4. Cost of used oil & applying labour is saved.
5. The cement slurry will not come out during casting of Rcc work, so water cement ratio will remain intact which will not reduce the strength of concrete.
6. While deshuttering, the grit of 3 to 5 mm are seen at shuttering joints. This result in higher thickness require for leveling of plastering work. While using sheets the plaster thickness is reduced.
7. The repetition of used shuttering ply will increase by atleast 3 repetition because the cement slurry or curing water will not damage shuttering ply.
8. The water required for curing is saved.
Comparison of pop and polypropylene Flutted Board (Floor Protector)